What To Do If You Are In An Accident
No one ever wants to have an auto accident. But if it happens to you, be sure to take steps to protect yourself and your family from further injury and other complications.
- If you or a loved one is injured, please remain calm.
- Without making any sudden movement, unless there is the potential for fire or another accident, call the police and ambulance at once.
- Do not move your vehicle until law enforcement arrives, unless there is a great chance of further injury.
- Keep a daily diary of your injuries.
- Listen to your doctor’s instructions and recommendations.
- That helps document your injuries as well as helps you with your recovery.
- Keep copies of all of your bills and other accident expenses such as towing and repair bills, and make sure you take photographs of your property damage to your car or motorcycle prior to it being repaired.
- This will give us evidence of the impact at a later date when we negotiate with the insurance companies.